To install this Theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex. Below are all the useful links for WordPress information.
To use the Olvi theme you need a WordPress installation from WordPress.org
running on your own web server. Or you will need a WordPress.com
site with the Business plan
. For the WordPress.com
please note that themes only work on WordPress.com
sites if you are on the Business plan. If you have the Free, Personal or Premium plan, WordPress.com
does not allow you to install custom themes and plugins.
Picking a hosting provider is a matter of choice based on their location, pricing and services. This is an important decision at the start and we strongly suggest you choose a WordPress friendly hosting provider for using our themes.
Latest technologies are always the best so stick to hosting companies that provide flexibility in your online presence.
Download Theme files from ThemeForest by going to the Downloads tab and finding the Olvi Theme. Click on the Download button. The “All files & Documentation” archive contains everything and the Installable WordPress file only is just the installable WordPress theme file.
The contents of the theme package downloaded from ThemeForest.
Above you can see the structure of the theme archive you download from ThemeForest (from this point referred as TF).
- Licensing – this folder contains the terms and conditions of the license under which Olvi is distributed and some information on licensing of various parts of the theme in a separate file
- Plugins – this folder contains plugins required to work with our theme in case you cannot install them with the prompt or just need a local copy of
- olvi.zip – this is the archive you need to upload to WordPress.
- olvi-child.zip – this archive contains the basic child theme that you can use with our theme. Just installing it won’t hurt and in case you decide to make some changes/extend the source code of the theme, it will be very helpful because it helps not to lose your custom changes after updating the parent theme. More on child themes
In order to use Theme, you should employ WordPress 5.x or higher, PHP 7.4 or greater, and MySQL 5 or greater on your server.
Below you can see a list of items you should ensure your host can comply with.
- Make sure that your web host has the minimum requirements to run WordPress and Themes;
- Always check to ensure they are running the latest version of WordPress;
- Download the latest release of WordPress from the official WordPress website;
- Create secure passwords for FTP and Databases anytime.
Minimum PHP requirements
Many issues you may encounter such as; white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page content, a theme not being saved, and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. Еhe solution to this problem is to increase the PHP limit, what you can do on your own, or contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum of the following:
Besides, you should consider upgrading your PHP version to the latest version, the newer the better.
Updating your PHP version
Generally, you can not update the PHP version by yourself and you need to communicate with your host about this. The upgrade process is a gentle process and should be something your host can do for you without impacting your website or charging you a fee.
Thank you for choosing our Theme. This article is intended to help you understand how to install the Theme and simplify the process of setting it up.
From the dashboard go to “Appearance” tab → “Themes”.
Click on the “Add New” button.
Next step is “Upload Theme” button.
And look for the file with the theme on your PC.
If the Theme is not activated then go to “Appearance” → “Themes”.
Click on “Activate”.
Installing via FTP
This is a more advanced way to install your theme. To install Olvi via FTP:
- Download the Theme archive and extract the files it contains;
- Use an FTP client to access your hosting server;
- Unzip the olvi.zip archive, put its contents (folder called olvi) in the /wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress;
- Go to Appearance → Themes, find Olvi and activate it.
When you first install the theme you’ll see the Wizard guide installation. It will help you to install theme easyally.
Please follow these steps:
If you skip the Wizard setup or after the demo content installation your theme is deactivated. In this way, you need to activate your Theme license.
Please go to the Olvi Dashboard and insert your Envato Purchase Code in the field and click “Activate”.
Your purchase code you can find HERE
In some reasons you can have problems with the Theme activation:
1) “Purchase code is wrong” – check that you activate the main theme (not the child). After go “Theme Options”->“License”, insert you purchase code (check that it hasn’t spaces after (you can mistake copy it with)), click “Save” and wait 5-7 sec. After that, click “Register the code”. Some servers have delay and waiting 5-7 sec.
2) “Something wrong, please try later” – you need to try to activate it later. If it won’t help – the problem in incoming and outcoming queries from your hosting. The firewall on your hosting blocks it and our license system can’t check your purchase code and send the status. In this situation you need to contact your hosting support to allow incoming and outcoming queries from the domain promo-theme.com.
NOTICE: Before the Demo Content Installation you need to activate your Theme License Read more
To install the Demo content you need to go to “Olvi Theme” → “Import Demo Content”.
Select page for import and click to “Import” button.
If you are sure you want to import this page, click “Yes, import!” button
NOTICE: After importing the full demo content, you should follow these steps to complete the installation.
- Go to “Appearance” → “Menus”, Scroll down the page, in “Menu Settings” choose Display location – Primary Navigation
- Go to “Settings” → “Reading”, select Homepage and Post page:
The last step after installation the Theme, plugins and importing the demo data is to setup your home page and menu, that can help you to get your new Theme setup and ready for you to edit as you want.
At first, to set your Front Page you should head to Settings > Reading.
Although, by default WP is set to show your latest posts, to make your Theme just like our demo you should choose a static front page from the pages provided in the demo data.
- WooCommerce Product Shortcode fix (incorrect paddings in the product grid)
- WooCommerce Templates update
- WooCommerce Templates update
- WooCommerce Templates update
- Fixed Blog Post fields (Theme Options)
- Changeded Demo Content Importing (XML) separate pages can be imported
- Added Custom Fonts (Theme Options)
- Added the new Scattered gallery
- Added the new Horizontal gallery type 2
- Added Footer Col 4
- Added the option Prev/Next (Post/Project) Hide/Show
- Added Blog Sidebar
- Added Footer Logo Show/Hide
- Changed portfolio filtering mechnism (Ajax loading)
- Added Olvi Dashboard
- Added "view portfolio" button on the Freelancer HomePage
- WPBackery plugin update 6.0.2
- Added New Mobile Responsive method (Original). Change it Theme Options->General
- Added "Next"-"Prev" buttons in the Blog Post page
- Added Mobile logo size option (Theme Options->Logo)
- Fixed minor CSS error (Split Screen page counter enable\disable)
- Added RTL support
- Added SplitScreen page customization features
- Fixed Shop buttons visibility on iOS devices.
- WPBackery plugin update 5.7
- Fixed header color customization (Theme Options)
- Fixed mobile css minor bug
- Fixed color customization on the Freelancer Home
- Added new Project Pages versions
- Added Blog Options (Theme Options)
- Fixed CSS minor bugs
- WPBackery plugin update 5.6
- Theme Release