You have 2 shortcodes to display gallery items:
- Portfolio – you can create portfolio projects with own galleries, description, videos and other. You mast view project in new page on project page or in lightbox. How to add new project?
- Gallery – you can display images from media library without create project page. These images will only be open in the lightbox.
To create a new portfolio item you should navigate to Portfolio > Add new from your WordPress admin panel.
Enter a title for your portfolio item in the text field near the top of the page.
On the right side of the screen you will see a section named Portfolio Categories. Here you can select the categories that you would like to add this portfolio item to or you can create a new category, click on the + Add New Category link.
Under the Portfolio Categories section are the Project settings, Gallery and Project Cover Image sections.
In the Project settings section you can choose the style of your portfolio. It can be:
- Default – Select this if you want use project style from theme options (Novo Theme > Theme Options > Portfolio Project Page)
- Grid – Set a predefined size for the space between the content layout and the sidebar layout for this page. View Demo.
- Slider – If you wish to have a slider on the top of your page, copy and paste the slider shortcode here. View Demo.
- Masonry – Select this template to display a list of your blog posts on the page. The blog list will be displayed in a Masonry type grid. View Demo.
- Horizontal – Select this template to display a list of your blog posts on this page. The blog list will be displayed in the Standard layout (post info text located underneath the featured image). View Demo.
- Horizontal Type 2 – View Demo.
NOTICE: If you did not select a gallery, the design style will be standard (featured image and description only)
Also, in the Project settings section you can choose a type of your Project Image, which can be Default, Full or Adaptive, and you can enter your video URL (YouTube, Vimeo, your own .mp4) in Video url section.
In the Gallery section you can set gallery images in two ways. The first is to upload files by simply dragging or selecting files. The second is choosing images from media library.
Then click the Add to gallery button.
In the Project Cover Image section, you can set an image to be displayed for this item on portfolio lists the same way like you did in Gallery section.
You can password protect your project
When you go to the project, you will see this form
Form text can be customized in Novo Theme > Theme Options > General > Protected Page Message
To enable the WPBakery editor, you can go to “Admin Panel”> “WPBakery Page Builder”> “Role Manager” and change “Post Types” to “Custom”.
Select “pt-portfolio” and click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
After saving return to project page and click “Backend Editor”
To creat a new category, navigate to Portfolio > Categories from your WordPress admin panel. Here you can add name, slug, parent category, description and image of your category and then click Add New Category in the end of the title.
Chose images for your gallery
- Colums – Select colums count
- Count Items – Set posts count per page
- Navigation – Select navigation type
- Thumbs – Show or Hide thumbs for slider
If you want edit/add title and description for the image, you can go to “Media” > “Library”, chose image for edit
On the Attachment Details by right side you want add/edit title and description